Advice needed: Fluffy vomiting

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by maryjoandsmokie, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maryjoandsmokie

maryjoandsmokie Member

Fluffy just vomited a very large amount of clear liquid. it made a big splash.
    He has had some constipation lately and i have been giving the laxatose(as much as he will take twice a day) Would it be alright to give him some miralax?

His BM's the past few days have been smaller than normally. This morning he had three little ones at one time and they were not as big around as they normally are.

He ate a few bites a few minutes after he vomited. His appetite has been good.
    He has never vomited clear liquid before.

Fluffy is 6 years old and has arthritis in both hips. I give the Dasaquin.

2. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Your kitty's vomiting could indeed be apart of being constipated. -- whether b/c your cat is impacted or b/c the strain of trying to go )

This is nothing to mess around with. Please go see your vet. They should be able to palpitate and also do an xray . Fluffy may need to be given and enema by your vet to be cleaned out and then re evaluate what meds you can give to prevent constipation in the future.

Here are some links for you to read on the subject :
    constipation and diabetes in cats ( but good info for civies too ):

http://petdiabetes.wikia.com/wiki/Constipation

laxatives:

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index ... 190308.htm

prokinetics :

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index ... 190307.htm

Please post back and let us know how things go at the vets.

3. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Hi Maryjo,

Cheryl has given a lot of good advice to you and links to check out. I also am saving these links and checking them out, as I have my Jibber that is having chronic constipation problems, and he is worrying me quite a bit.

Are you going to be able to address this situation with Fluffy today (Saturday) if you can possibly take him to your vet's? I know that you were scheduled for some surgery yourself on Monday, the 19th, is that correct? This is a bad time for this to happen, but if you can at least call your vet, or get Fluffy to your vet's before you have to have surgery on Monday, I would try to do that.

Does Fluffy ever vomit up hairballs? What food are you feeding him? Do you ever put laxatone or something like that on his paw to lick off? I have found that sometimes when I smear a little bit of vaseline on Jibber's rear end, it seems to help him poop easier.

Please keep us posted and let us know how Fluffy is doing. I will be keeping you and your furbabies in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
    Jean and Charcoal (GA)

4. maryjoandsmokie

maryjoandsmokie Member

I took Fluffy to the vet and he couldn't find anything wrong with my Sweet Baby Boy.
    Thank you for the information and your concern.

5. Jean and Charcoal

Jean and Charcoal Well-Known Member

Hi Maryjo,

Hopefully Fluffy may have just had a stomach upset. I hope he will be okay.

Let us know how you do when you have surgery.

Hang in there, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs,
    Jean and Charcoal (GA)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.