Advice Needed!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Holly1988, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holly1988

Holly1988 New Member

So Jax has been so difficult to figure out day by day things seem to change. Sometimes he does better with 0 insulin then some. K
    Just confused. Please look at his SS and let me know any reccomendations on dosage! Much appreciated! ❤

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Hi Holly. I'm not sure I'm seeing what you're seeing. His responses on 0.4u look pretty consistent, and the other numbers seem to be connected to changes in dose or time.

When you get a blue pre-shot, you can stall for 20-30 minutes without feeding and retest. If the number is rising, you can shoot the normal dose. That might help with some of the inconsistency.

It might be helpful to you to post when you see numbers that are perplexing and we can help make sense of this for you a bit. Understanding the patterns and trends is complicated and can take some time, and we're always happy to help!

3. Holly1988

Holly1988 New Member

Thanks.
    The one day he was 300s and went to 180s by himself. So I was hoping with the .4u we would be in the green more consistently. We are still seeing blue most of the time. I guess I was just hopeful we would be in remission by now.

4. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

I certainly understand that! I never imagined I’d still be managing my kitty’s diabetes for this long!

Honestly I think a little increase might help, along with starting to shoot on some of those blues (only when you can monitor at first!).

Are you using u40 or u100 syringes?

5. Holly1988

Holly1988 New Member

Thank you!
    It is very difficult for me to monitor during the week due to work. Would you recommend a half dose when he is under 200? Or to continue with the .4 dose? I'm nervous to try the .5 since it dropped him so low that one day...but it might of been a fluke. I can maybe try this weekend when I am home to monitor.
    I know its been something for me to come to terms with that we are not exactly where I would like to be with his numbers.

6. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

When he's in blues, I'd try the stall and retest method. The blues he had the last few days have been high enough that most likely he'd be over 200 with a stall. Then you'd be able to shoot a normal dose. If he doesn't rise or is falling, post here for advice...we'll see what we can do. :)

7. Holly1988

Holly1988 New Member

Thank you so much. I just want to get a better handle on his numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.