Advice please

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Ann & Liz, Nov 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Liz

Ann & Liz Member

We have been getting some slightly better numbers of late but still Lila is able to achieve some high pre shot readings - 35.9 this evening. Hoping someone could have a look at spreadsheet and advise if we need to make any changes. The 1.25 that she is currently having is judged by eye on syringes with .5 unit markings and is possibly not quite 1.25. Proposing tomorrow to increase slightly to ensure we are giving the full 1.25 units. Lila can react quite drastically to changes in dose recently so we are trying to move only very gradually to get correct dose. We also keep a fairly regimented food intake and mealtimes to ensure consistency. Lila is fed Lily's Kitchen organic which is low carb.

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

First I must say Lila is a strikingly beautiful girl!

It looks to me like you could safely increase her dose to 1.5u as long as you are able to test through the cycle which it appears you are. If you are unsure that you've been giving 1.25u (I understand how hard it is to eyeball those 1/4u doses :banghead:) since she can be dramatic with dose changes, try a little "fatter" 1.25u for a couple of cycles to see if that works any better for her but I wouldn't hold it for too long if there is no improvement as you may have been closer to 1.25u than you think and those continuous high numbers can cause glucose toxicity and make regulation even more difficult.

3. Ann & Liz

Ann & Liz Member

Thank you, yes she is very beautiful and although we are a bit biased, we don't think she looks her age (16y). Will try getting a definite 1.25 and see what happens. It seems like she is doing so well, then it changes again! Will move to 1.5 if no sensible improvement soon.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

What is the carb count on lily's kitchen food?

5. Ann & Liz

Ann & Liz Member

The carb calculator indicates it is 1%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.