Advice please

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Tilou, Apr 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tilou

Tilou Member

I've had a success with Bob's BG in that it's down to 16.7 (303) for his PMPS reading.

Now I'm not sure whether to shoot the 2ui as per the vet's instructions.

Bob will eat overnight and his BG is back (slowly) on the rise (it was 14 at +5).

Any advice from those experienced with Prozinc will be much appreciated :)

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Yes, finish up the day with another 2 u. I'd try 2.25 u tomorrow AM and get a +2 or +3 test after that to see what's happening. You've been at 2 u enough cycles to see what it can do so it's time for an increase. Please work at getting those pre shot tests.

Tilou likes this.
  3. Tilou

Tilou Member

Many thanks for your help.

I've held off for an extra hour giving Bob his shot as he decided to eat an entire 100 gram Animonda Integra diabetes wet food packet and I wanted to see what difference it made to his BG. It's gone up from 16 to 24 so I've given him the 2u.

I do have a problem with getting the AMPS test as he's a total nightmare in the morning, won't settle until he's eaten (so that ruins any chance to get a proper pre food reading and guess into full fighting and clawing mode if we try to restrain him.

Unfortunately my DH is on three types of blood thinners and can't afford to be scratched and bitten because then he won't stop bleeding and I have that to deal with :nailbiting: the best I can hope for is to feed Bob, let him settle for his morning nap and then get a BG reading.

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Have you tried feeding Bob a small part of his breakfast first to take the edge off his hunger before doing the AMPS? As long as it's less than 20 minutes or so between food and test it should give you a decent estimate of BG without food influence.

Megan and Tessie, Tilou and Rachel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.