? Advice plz!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mister's Owner, Mar 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

In order to keep buying misters insulin and supplies I clean 1 day a week getting picked up at 830a.
    My problem is He keeps not getting to the safe 200bg at shot time.
    So here I am at a 1047p dose of prozinc and I try testing for the 30 min. Early dose and he is only 138bg. So I need to pull back 2 hrs by weds morning.. Any suggestions on how to do this?

I've already missed 2 weeks of cleaning because he keeps getting to low in time for his shot. and if I don't clean weds I won't be able to purchase his wellness.

I tried pulling back from 2.0 u to 1.5 u and he did good for 1 day and the 3rd dose he was a 301 bg. In the am instead of his 200bg.

I want to Thank everyone on this site for anyways being so helpful.

~ Tina

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

It looks like 1.5 works well. It looks like the 1.75 on3/12' might have given you a bounce up to the 301. We can't know if he dropped low that night and bounced up, but it seems likely. If he were mine, I'd stick with 1.5.

3. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

Thank you... I will stick with it for a few days, but any suggestions on pulling his time back now 2 1/2 hrs by weds?

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

You can change your shot time by 30 minutes each cycle with no problem. If you continue to get preshots too low to shoot, I'd lower the dose by another 0.25.

I know this is frustrating but it's very good news that he is gradually needing less insulin and getting some god numbers!

Mister's Owner likes this.
  5. Mister's Owner

Mister's Owner Member

Thank you.. I was wondering if this meant he had a chance to eventually be off insulin? Tomorrow makes a year he has been on the insulin and I thought the vet said the longer it takes to get really low numbers the more likely they will need it for life.

6. Sue and Oliver (GA)

There is no way to know if he is going to be able to get into remission. But he is definitely trending down, in numbers and doses. That is good news.

I have certainly seen many cats who eventually go into remission after several years on insulin.

Mister's Owner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.