Advice requested for @Paris

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Alicia & Maggie (GA), Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm reposting this for @paris who posted on one of my daily condos.

Hi, I've come across this page as my cat has been diagnosed with stage 4 CRD, to be honest we are at a loss with what to do. the vet is saying she doesn't really stand a chance but from all what I've read I feel like she might, and they are not even 100% sure it is CRD unless we pay £370 more for a few lab tests. I feel like they are just telling me its the worst because at the moment I dont have the money to pay for everything they are asking. currently she is at the vet on a drip and antibiotics just incase its only a bad infection. the vet ruled out diabetes even though the symptoms are the same as CRD. I have a feeling it could be that instead of CRD or even possibly both.
    I would really appreciate any advice anyone can give you all sound like you have much more information than my vet is telling me.
    we've already paid £350 for blood test, urine test drip and overnight stay, the further £370 is for further tests at the lab to see if it is kidney failure which we thought the original tests were for.

2. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I answered on your condo

3. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Hi I think some people have already commented on Paris question. (this is a link to a previous condo http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/crd-kidney-failure.186744/#post-2073321 )

I hope her kitty is a little bit better, for some results Paris posted of the tests it would appear as they said that she would have to address both conditions (CKD and diabetes), first of all diet making sure he gets a low carb low phosphorus diet, probably add some phosphorus binders, give subq fluids , insulin, this are general suggestions but it would help to know more specifics on her case and if the vet has already told them there's an other issue that may be affecting .

Paris mentions that urine tests were done was a culture done as part of this test to confirm or discard an UTI (urinary tract infection) ?

This is a great site for information on CKD http://www.felinecrf.org/how_bad_is_it.htm

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

She should join the Facebook group Cats with Chronic Renal Failure. Many knowledgeable people there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.