Advocate Pet meter and strips

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by kozykitty, Nov 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kozykitty

kozykitty Member

https://www.amazon.com/Advocate-Pet...rd_wg=klBOl&psc=1&refRID=NP8E6AD0ZG5W7ADDE31R

Has anyone used this product? I just paid $58 for 50 Alpha Trak strips and have been doing this for 2 years. It's dreadfully expensive. This Advocate meter is $17.99 and 50 strips are $18.99. Getting a new meter and strips is so much cheaper. The reviews on Amazon seem good--one reviewer saying she compared with the Alpha Trak and the greatest difference was 3 points.

Anyone have experience with this meter/strips? Thanks!

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

3. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

I bought one to keep as a spare in case my AT died. I was suprised that, after I compared it with the AT with the same drop of blood, that it is very accurate. The AT fits my small hands better, but after a few trys, I'm happy with either. I did just buy 6 boxes of FreeStyle light strips @ $30/box to use in my AT.

4. vbc2000

vbc2000 Member

Where are you finding strip for $18.99 a boc? I've been paying $39.

5. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

I love the Pettest meter. It is much more consistent than the Alphatrack meter. Amazon has raised the cost of the strips to $39. I sure would like to know where they are sold for less. I need to order more soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.