After 5 Stressful Years, Finally On a Honeymoon!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by CoatCheckGirl, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoatCheckGirl

CoatCheckGirl Member

I am happy to report that after five very long and stressful years, my sugar kitty is finally on his honeymoon. As of yesterday, it's been two weeks since he had his last insulin shot. :D

At one point would I officially declare him OTJ?

2. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Oh, you have absolutely made my day!!!

I am THRILLED for you! And for your cat :D

My cat has been on insulin for nearly 6 years, and the other day I turned to him and jokingly said, "...Well, I know you've been on insulin a while now, but if you do fancy going on remission any time soon......???"

After a couple of years of course you just sort of....give up hope.... It seems like you're 'always the bridesmaid, but never the bride...'...

May your cat's remission be happy and healthy. And may it last a very, very, very long time. I'm a person who KNOWS how hard you've worked and how hard you've hoped.... Sending you a HUGE hug from the UK, and I wish I could be there to hug you in person....

Elizabeth xxx

3. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

wow, that is awesome! I know with lantus after 2 weeks without a shot we consider a cat OTJ!!!!!

4. Maresydotes

Maresydotes Member

Oh, CONGRATULATIONS!!! flip_cat flip_cat flip_cat
    And thank you for posting!! My girl relapsed a little over a year ago and I had given up ever getting her OTJ again. You give me renewed hope.
    I hope you have a LONG, LONG visit at the Falls!

5. GregFurBall

GregFurBall Well-Known Member

That is just FANTASTIC news. According to your profile, it looks like you have been using Lantus. And, YES, you can now officially be OTJ. Enjoy your stay at the falls. Sounds like it has been a long well-deserved reward for all your hard work.

:RAHCAT :RAHCAT Way to go sugar kitty!!!! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

Karen

6. CoatCheckGirl

CoatCheckGirl Member

Thanks everyone for your kind words well wishes for a long remission. Yes, he was previously on Lantus and have had relatively good success with it. During the last month of treatment, he only needed .05 units BID, then SID in the final week. Now he is off entirely. :)

Since he's been OTJ he became more playful and sociable. But more importantly....he is happy! :)

7. hmjohnston

hmjohnston Well-Known Member

Oh, that happy, crazy, wonderful point in a sugar-cats life where there is no more daily pokies!!!

Congrats to you both for all of your hard work and dedication.

:D :mrgreen: :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.