After several instances of pancreatitis, Ming is on 6 units twice daily

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Crista & Ming, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Hahaha!!!!! Unconditional love is when you spend time looking at their poop, thinking about their poop, and scooping their poop.

A poop album, you say? That’s hilarious! Reminds me of a site called ratemypoop.com and which I will NOT go on ever again. I did go on there once back when MSN was still a thing and my friends and I would send each other risqué links and dare one another to click em.

13.3 at PMPS tonight. I think... I will brave a 4.5 u dose and monitor closely. I’m going out after to buy more strips lol.

2. Crista & Ming

Also I was reading a few threads but what numbers are considered shootable for PS?

3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

HA! Rate My Poop...oh I'm glad I missed out on that one!

As for shootable PS well...ECID (I'm sure I annoy people when I do that ;) ). Shootable numbers really do depend on the cat and the bean. It can depend on the cat's patterns, the level of experience of the bean, different factors in the day, etc. For example, we have a bean on here named Caitlin who shoots Pita on greens and blues. Pita is a long term diabetic, and Caitlin is extremely experienced because of that. She has studied Pita's patterns and we've all agreed that he just needs insulin even on lower numbers. However, I would NEVER suggest that to most other people. For new folks, we don't suggest shooting under 200. That number is lowered over time based on the cat.

Kris & Teasel and Crista & Ming like this.
  4. Crista & Ming

I got a tattoo!

3383E6EE-12B2-4359-B9D6-8D64C96308CB.jpeg

My first one too!

In other news, I don’t know what to make of Ming’s numbers. I also have not been able to get enough data. I don’t have work until Monday so I have all weekend to attempt to get more readings/not fall asleep LOL!!

Rachel, Kris & Teasel and Djamila like this.
  5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

Love it! That's a great choice for a tattoo!

6. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

That's awesome! Did it hurt? I love it!!!

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Great tattoo!

8. Crista & Ming

Thanks!!

It hurt but was manageable. It helped to talk to the artist so I could concentrate on something else. And she reminded me to breathe in the beginning which was good because I caught myself holding my breath several times.

My friend who had a baby said tattoo pain is nothing compared to child birth so if anyone’s had a baby, a tattoo is fine LOL!!!!!!

Rachel likes this.