After vet appointment update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jennifer and Katie, Sep 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer and Katie

Jennifer and Katie Member

So, Katie had loose stool again tonight. I managed to collect it for the vet appointment tomorrow. It was SMELLY!
    I'm worried about the loose stool, and the smear of blood. It looked like today's stool might have had blood in it again, but I wasn't going to get close enough to find out. I got a strange enough look from her when I chased her out of the litter box before she could cover it up!
    Please keep fingers and toes crossed that it's just something as simple as an upset stomach.

2. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: Vet appointment tomorrow.

I hope it is none too serious. good luck at the vet tomorrow.

3. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Re: Vet appointment tomorrow.

Many prayers its nothing serious. I freaked when Mittens went from really loose to clear and bloody. A week on flagyl and he was good as new.

4. Jennifer and Katie

Jennifer and Katie Member

So, we survived the vet trip this morning. She's a fairly mellow cat, but she hates going anywhere. She hid behind me for part of the appointment! ^^ Anyway, she received fluids, since she was a bit dehydrated from the diarrhea. They are going to run a fecal on the stool sample I gave them, and will call me with the results on Monday. We also received some Forti-flora, to try and regulated her intestinal system. And the vet also gave Metronidozle as a preemptive measure, in case she has parasites (she's an indoor cat, so it'd be surprising if she does, but still...).

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

You may want to pick up a box of forti flora because it's good to add regularly to your cat's food.
    I sprinkle some on the top of my Shadoe's first meal of the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.