Again problems with BG test

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mauro & Batu, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauro & Batu

Mauro & Batu New Member

hi guys I m really sorry to tell you I again failed bg test..after two days when I use needle (28g) and I push it does not come out easily the drop of blood ... just a thin line with which I can not take the champion ... just after some tests the cat gets tired ... we are only at the beginning, I know ... I tried to warm up the ear but nothing ...

no problem with the insuline injection

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Mauro & Batu likes this.
  3. Mauro & Batu

Mauro & Batu New Member

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  4. Leah

Leah Member

Are you using a device that plunges the lancet into the ear skin, or are you holding the lancet and free-handing it?

If you're getting a small line of blood, one thing I have resorted to at times like that is to scrape the blood onto my nail (or the side of a test strip) and test off the drop that it makes.

5. Mauro & Batu

Mauro & Batu New Member

i'm holding the lancet with hand...i try sometimes with nail....i will try later again :(

6. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

It is tough in the beginning to get a handle on it. My best results come when I do a couple quick pokes straight down into the ear near the edge. Somebody in the forums posted this image so I swiped it to show you. Think I got it from @JanetNJ. She has a link to a video of her testing her cat.

[​IMG]

7. Molly and Sammy

Molly and Sammy Member

Thank you for this idea of transferring the blood to a nail or test strip! I am new to testing and have a tremor. Lining up the meter w/ test strip to the blood drop on the ear is hard, and kitty is squirmy by that point. I will try this!

Leah likes this.
  8. HereKittyKittyKitty

HereKittyKittyKitty Member

Maybe use a towel to wrap kitty, and be sure to use a cotton ball so you don't stab yourself. You can do this. If klutzo-me can do it, anyone can :D

Molly and Sammy likes this.
  9. Leah

Leah Member

I always just make sure to wash my hands first in case I need to use a nail! I hope it helps!

beggargirl likes this.
  10. JeanW

JeanW Member

I always give a treat immediately after getting the test result. Kitty is always anxious for the treat and it helps to make testing much easier.

HereKittyKittyKitty likes this.
  11. JeanW

JeanW Member

Poking on the extreme outer edge of the ear also really helps.

beggargirl likes this.
  12. Cindie

Cindie Member

Shining a flashlight from inside the ear will help you see where the veins are. This really helped me!

13. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Maybe your meter needs a larger sample. Try poking twice in the same spot. I have a video in my signature showing how I test my cat CC at home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.