Aida

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Aida, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aida

Aida New Member

Hello everyone!
    My 11yr. old, Dudley was just diagnosed on 6/17/15, and I've been doing a crash course on this subject. I'm so glad that there's a place for info and support. The info has really taken a lot of the mystery out of this disease. wish us luck! Aida

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome Aida and Dudley! Let us know how we can help. We urge you to start testing your cat at home - it's the best way to keep him safe.

3. Aida

Aida New Member

Thanks for the encouragement. I want to do whatever it takes to keep him happy and healthy.... Along with his 4 brothers!

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB.
    Many of us use an inexpensive human glucometer such as the walMart Confirm or Confirm Micro, or the Target Up and Up. Get matching test strips, and lancets labelled for alternate site testing (25-28 gauge). Practice test on an apple or similar fruit, and then on yourself to get a feel for the process.

5. Aida

Aida New Member

Yes, I've already purchased the ReliOn Micro meter, 28 gauge lancets and matching test strips. I'm practicing on myself, first. And I've been watching some of the how-to videos - they are very helpful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.