Albert is back on the juice again :(

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Heather & Seasaidh (GA), Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heather & Seasaidh (GA)

Heather & Seasaidh (GA) Member

DCIN foster Albert needs a furever home. Read his blog here: http://fdmb-cin.blogspot.com/2012/04/albert.html

He was never really officially OTJ, but he hadn't been eating so I didn't give him any insulin. Albert is eating much better (low carb canned FF/Friskies) and I haven't given him his cyproheptadine since Sat. Since he was feeling so crummy from being anorexic I didn't test his BG right away. I tested him last Friday and I got these numbers:
    PMPS: 175 no shot
    +1.5 200 still no shot

Sat: PMPS: 233 no shot, but was tempted to
    +1 198 going down, so no shot
    +3 178, down even more so still no shot

Sun I didn't test him because I had a migraine and I thought he was doing ok.

Today: PMPS: 447, gave 1U ProZinc
    I tested him several times before that and got numbers all in the 400s. I have to update his SS but I'm having trouble signing into Google right now.

This stinks. But the good side of it all is that he is eating again, and he has his insulin. I took him out for two walks today and he did really well walking on his toes. He had to sniff a lot of flowers and grass, so we took frequent breaks, but his neuropathy seemed to be much better. Here are a couple of pics of him feeling much better now that he's eating again:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

edited to add his DCIN blog link

2. sophie

sophie Member

Hi Heather and Albert,

Hope that your migraine is gone though I know it takes days to recover from them - get them, too. Thank you for taking such good care of Albert. Hope the juice is just a temporary situation. Glad to hear that he is no longer persnickety as to his food. Keep that going, you handsome boy, and stop worrying Heather! Eating helps so much with your recovery. Did you see any bugs on your walks? Pretty soon you'll be able to pounce on them!

Best wishes, Sophie
    p.s. Just an FYI: still time to chip in for Albert's hospitalization - ends May 6.

3. Heather & Seasaidh (GA)

Heather & Seasaidh (GA) Member

Hi Sophie! You made me smile and laugh...I love the word "persnickety"! My migraine is better, thank you. I feel so guilty, though, that I should have tested him yesterday. During his walk he saw two butterflies that were interesting. And now that he's recently tasted mouse, he was on "mouse patrol" last night in his bedroom. I couldn't figure out at first why he wanted to sit over by the wall under a desk and then I realized what he was looking for. He's definitely feeling better :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.