Albert is in DCIN Foster Care

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN), Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN)

Diabetic Cats in Need (DCIN) Member

This is Albert's DCIN blog page. http://fdmb-cin.blogspot.com/2012/04/albert.html

DCIN is paying to board him, but can't afford more than a week. Albert must find a foster or adoptive home, or he will be playing with the GAs at the bridge. Contact info and more info about Albert is on the blog page.

[​IMG]

********************************************************************************************************

Update: Albert is now in DCIN foster care with Heather. If you can help with his past boarding and current and future foster costs, please see the chip-in on his blog page.

2. doombuggy

doombuggy Well-Known Member

Re: 911--Albert is at immediate risk of PTS

BUMP

3. Laura and Harley (GA)

Laura and Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

Bump, this is so sad.

4. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

There is now a flyer for Albert. If you live in New England, you could post it and put in in appropriate places--vet's office, pet stores, grocery stores. Please help us help Albert.

5. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Binksy Bump!

May Albert get the help he so desperately needs!

6. Laura and Harley (GA)

bumpity boo

7. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

This is so sad.....I feel helpless. Venita can we chip in for more boarding time?

8. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Yes, can we chip in for more time? If we could adopt out one DCIN foster....would there be room for Albert?

9. sophie

sophie Member

Yes, please let us know if this vet would board him for longer and how much he wants for a week. Is a US postal money order OK to send? Or? Thank you.

10. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Any update on Albert?

11. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Yes, I have a great update!!

Subject to a current FIV negative test, DCIN is bringing Albert into its foster system. Heather will be his foster Mom. He still needs a forever home.

There is a chip-in for costs DCIN has incurred so far, as well as to build a fund for Albert, on his blog page here.

12. Heather & Seasaidh (GA)

Heather & Seasaidh (GA) Member

I'm so glad that I can help out. I've got him his own bedroom, complete with birdfeeders outside the window. He will get lots of love and attention here. I'm crossing my fingers that he's FIV-, but if you recall Shess had FIV (and the vet wanted to put him down because of it, but thankfully I had had another rescue with it and had some knowledge of it and told him NO).

Thank you everyone for making Albert's rescue possible and to keep him from needlessly being PTS.

13. Laura and Harley (GA)

Heather you are a ROCK STAR!!! Thank you for saving this little guy's life. He'll never let you forget it... :D

14. Gail & Houdini (GA)

Gail & Houdini (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay!!! Heather you are so wonderful for bringing this poor guy into your home!!! Thank You!!

Bless you Venita !!

15. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Heather IS a rock star. Albert (I love that name) is in his new foster home, being a bit shy from the move, but doing well. Heather promises lots of updates and picture, and I hope DCIN can find hms his own home and heart very quickly.

16. Heather & Seasaidh (GA)

My mom loves the name Albert too. It is a cool name for a cat, and I think Albert likes his name too.

Btw, when I checked his BG @ +2 (I was paranoid, and it was 274, down from 311 at PMPS), it took me awhile to get blood from his ear. I rubbed his ear over and over and gave him lots of loving and he actually PURRED! He's still a bit shy though, but I know whoever gets to keep him furever will have such a sweetheart.

17. Byt2luv

Byt2luv Member

Good for you Heather about your last FIV kitty. They like diabetic kitties are so misunderstood. Along with my STILL FOSTER Ginger I am also currently fostering TWO FIV POSITIVE boys and they actually love other kitties and I am introducing a negative FIV boy that needs a buddy to them. Lorenzo the Lover (FIV+) likes to give kitty kisses to other kitties on the forhead. FIV should not be a death sentence. They can live long healthy normal lives just like civie kitties. We currently have 7 FIV kitties in our rescue. FIV CANNOT be spread to other cats by casual contact. Typically it is spread when two unneutered males are fighting for territory and is with a deep penetrating bite wound. The liklihood of neutered males fighting so aggressively is usually not the case and actually a LOT of the FIV kitties I have come in contact with actually like other cats and thats why they get in trouble. They end up getting beat up and bit by feral unneutered males.

18. Heather & Seasaidh (GA)

Byt2luv: My two FIV GA's were both unneutered male strays, and yes, once they got fixed they became the sweetest boys. Lorenzo sounds like a doll...I love the name and it suits his purrsonality! Thank you for helping cats with a misunderstood diagnosis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.