Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heather & Seasaidh (GA)

Heather & Seasaidh (GA) Member

First, if you haven't read Albert's blog on DCIN, please read it here: http://fdmb-cin.blogspot.com/2012/04/albert.html he is my sweet foster kitty but he really needs a furever home.

Fingers and paws crossed here that I don't jinx this, but Albert hasn't had an insulin shot in 34 hours!! He is eating low carb canned food normally now, not as if there's no tomorrow like when he was on the appetite stimulant. Sometimes he's a little persnickety about his food, but usually it's because it's "old," whereas before he would eat every last scrap. He even likes Taste of the Wild (canned), which I found out recently was involved in Diamond's pet food recall (dry food version). The only other cat in my gang who will eat TOTW is Spirit, prolly because he's a mountain lion at heart. Albert's been eating mostly FF and Friskies canned pate varieties and he hasn't had any dry food since he was anorexic. He didn't seem to know how to eat his food out of a bowl so I feed him on small porcelain dishes that have very low sides. It's much easier for him, but he needs to have a plastic placemat as well because things get messy otherwise.

His BG numbers have been awesome today. 6am which would have been AMPS he was at 103, 1pm he was at 105 and he ate a little lunch, and I tested him two hours later at 3 and he was at 129. Not bad at all. I will try to update his SS but I was having trouble logging onto Google.

Albert has a check up on Tuesday to redo his labs. The vet also wants to check his blood pressure for some reason. Albert is doing awesomely. If I had just met this cat today I would never have known he had had neuropathy. Here he is yesterday during one of our walks in the yard: (notice those handsome bengal markings too)
    [​IMG]

The vet has confirmed that Albert is part Bengal but we don't think he is a purebred. He has the physique of one though, and according to the latest Cat Fancy mag about Bengals, he has the sweet and social attributes that Bengals have. My cats have all accepted him, and little Bingley, who used to be jealous of him, now has a sweet spot for him. Bingley likes to help those who are ill...he "helped" my mother battle cancer, and he helped Albert get better too. I wish I could keep this beautiful boy, but I've already got five cats and four dogs in this household and I'm on disability. While he is here with me, though, he is getting tons of love and care. He purrs a lot for me and is very affectionate, and he is very grateful for having gotten a second chance.

2. arozeboom

arozeboom Well-Known Member

He's beautiful!

3. lynda and scruffy (GA)

lynda and scruffy (GA) Member

(I wish they'd find a way to put a "like" button over here, lol.)

So glad Albert's doing well, Heather. I love pictures of him. And thank you for saving him.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.