Alex Update LONG

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Laura and Alex (GA), Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura and Alex (GA)

Laura and Alex (GA) New Member

Alex is doing GREAT. He has now been in remission for 5 weeks. The doctors doesn't know why he went into remission so fast. It was December 20,2017 when I found out he was diabetic. Started him on ProZinc then but could never get him below 300. Doctor decided to change his insulin to Novolin on April 20,2018. The second week of my he was in the high 100s. He never went over 199. Then last week it was do then don't then do then do. So did a curve and it never went over 117. With spot checks since the highest it went was 125. The past couple weeks did checks and nothing over 115. The doctors said to watch water intake and do checks every so often. We had to do major changes in the middle of May because of pooping problems. We also did a Fpl which was negative. Come to find out he can not handle can foods. So change in insulin and taking can food away his diabetic went into remission. The doctors did say no can isn't good at all for a diabetic cat. I had to try lots of different kinds of cans during his time on insulin with giving each kind a chance. I want to thank everyone for the support I got and no I am not leaving this page. Will be back with updates as this is Family. Thank you all.

2. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Very happy for you and Alex! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.