Allergies? Weird bumps and lines

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by OptOut, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

My little Mika-Monster has always had issues with sores. She gets sores on her face and ears. Eventually, they will burst and bleed. They take FOREVER to heal (the one on her face started 3 weeks ago). They don't seem to itch.

Additionally, she has some very strange "tracks" down her back legs. She's had these for a long time, although I've never had such a good view before. She walks funny, almost as if her legs were "tight".

Has anybody ever seen anything like this? My vet did some scrapes and slides and gave her a shot of Covenia (she said it's actually made for skin issues), but we don't really know what it might be.

PS - Please don't laugh at her little shaved butt! My vet said she looked like a baboon! :eek:

Attached Files:

2. Kelly & Oscar

Kelly & Oscar Well-Known Member

Wow, that is quite odd. Have you thought about food allergies? What flavors are you feeding? I would maybe try feeding rabbit or duck flavors for a few weeks and see if things start to heal and no new ones pop up.

3. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Are the sores symmetric - same right and left side? Food allergies are typically symmetric. If not symmetric could be contact allergy. Could also be autoimmune disease.

4. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

They are fairly symmetric. I should get some blood work back on Monday that includes a full viral panel.

5. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

Poor little Mika. My Abigail has allergies but they don't quite present in those ways. I really hope the covenia helps her and she gets better soon. And I also hope your blood work gives you some insight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.