Allergy: Anyone else notice grass?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anyname, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anyname

Anyname Member

I've wondered about grass for a while. Little Boy was in a cattery for 34 nights until last week - we went to the UK - DD had baby no.1.

Vet fed him too much dry against my instructions. Gastro intestinal Royal Canin. I don't mind to give him a very small amount but they left a bowl of it out over night. It makes it so difficult to go away when they don't follow the instructions. IMO this cattery is as good as it gets.

His fur looks great and it's growing back on his tummy and on his back legs. He's started biting at himself tonight and licking frantically (he's been home 9 days). I noticed him sitting on the back lawn earlier - one of his favourite pass times. I think he can walk on grass ok but sitting on it for more than a short while seems to be a problem - I think maybe there might be mites or bugs that his warmth brings out and maybe get between his claws. He's been biting there a lot tonight. At his worst he nibbles off his fur under his front paws and his back legs and hips - he looks like it's been shaved off. And his tummy fur thinned a few yrs ago. But in the cattery it's been growing back. He had a few red spots on him when I picked him up but he looked really well otherwise.

I know others have allergy problems. Look out for grass!

2. hmjohnston

hmjohnston Well-Known Member

Sneakers has a nasal drip that I think is related to pollen. And she sneezes every once and a while.

But grass? YIKES :!: That is one bad allergy for a cat to have. Hopefully he doesn't eat any of it.

3. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

I have serious grass allergies, but I am not a cat. But I would think they could be allergic to anything. I have one with serious allergies but I do not let her outside. At least it helps limit those possible allergens. Hope the hair finishes growing back soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.