Ally

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ally, May 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ally

Ally New Member

Hello everyone. I just found out last Monday my cat Ally, who is 9, is diabetic. I found this group by trying to find answers to the overwhelming contradicting information I am getting. I will go into more detail on the health questions.

JanetNJ likes this.
  2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome. Sorry about the diagnosis. It's a bummer but we can help.

3. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and Ally! Lots of support here and very knowledgable kitty parents with years of experience regarding diabetic cats.

I am sure you have a lot of questions, and some answers can be found using the search tool. If you need help with something you can’t find an answer to, you can post health related questions in the main Health forum.

There is also a lot of good info in the yellow stickies at the top of each board. It may seem overwhelming at first, but after awhile you will learn a lot of ways to better help your kitty. Confused? Just ask for help:)

When you have time, it would be helpful to set up a signature with Ally’s details so it appears whenever you post, people can see her details to better help answer questions.

To set up signature, go to the top right of this page and click on your user name. Choose signature and tell us Ally’s and your name, her date of diagnosis, type of insulin and meter, type of food fed, any other illnesses and medications, country you live in and weight. Then Save.

Once you start home testing (not as scary as it sounds) you can track Ally’s progress. We use a spreadsheet for that.

Setting up a spreadsheet where you can document testing results is a big help to see how your kitty is doing on a certain dose and when to make adjustments. It is also a helpful tool for experienced users to see Ally’s numbers and progress so they can better give you help with her dosing, etc. Here is the link.
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/

I am copying a longer time member in case she has anything else to add:)

@Idjit's mom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.