Almost 2 weeks in

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Chris677, Sep 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris677

Chris677 New Member

Hello,

Happy to have found this group. Our youngest cat (8 years) was diagnosed about 2 weeks ago. We've started her on insulin and special food.

How does everyone manage the costs

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Chris. I'm sorry about the circumstances that brought you here, but very glad that you are here so we can help. Tell us a bit about your kitty. A good way to do that is to create a signature, this is pertinent information about your cat that will be appended to each of your posts. (See Idjit's in the gray print at the bottom of my response?) Here is a link so you can do that:
    SIGNATURE
    Regarding costs, there are ways to reduce costs, depending on the type of insulin you are using, plus recommendations for food for your cat. A low carb wet diet is best for all cats, especially for our sugar cats, and there is wonderful food chart here on the board that you can look at in the Main Forum. The "prescription diet" food from the vet is not low carb and there are better, less expensive choices. Please post your concerns and questions on the Main Forum, so that more members can see and respond. This Introduction forum is like the welcome mat on the front porch and I sure would like you to get as much input as possible.
    We, as a community, support you in your efforts to treat your cat and keep him/her safe.
    Please start reading some of the information on the Home Page, in the FAQs forum and in the specific insulin support group (the insulin you are using) The more you know, the better off your cat is going to be.

3. Chris677

Chris677 New Member

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.