Almost 4 weeks OTJ...should I reduce testing?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Charlie M, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie M

Charlie M Member

I wasn't trusting smokey being OTJ, just seemed like it was the right thing to do. For the first 2weeks I tested at least twice a day, and the past 2 weeks once a day. Numbers seem to be holding, if not coming down slightly. I think he might be doing okay!
    Wondering how often should I be testing him, and if I do test him less often does the testing get more difficult. I mean will his ears get more sensative again...he doesn't even notice ear pokes right now. Hesitant to reduce testing, I like to know where he's sitting, but maybe it's time to trust this a bit?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Usually we recommend twice a week for the first month, then once a week, then every 2 weeks.....if still doing well, you could reduce to once a month, but if the numbers start to trend up, test more often

His ears should be fine....now that new capillaries have grown into the sweet spot, he should be pretty easy to test .....now that he's used to having his ears fooled with, he shouldn't mind going forward

3. Charlie M

Charlie M Member

Thanks Chris. Maybe 2 or 3 times a week would be okay for him them. I want to keep it a bit more often than usual, he does tend to sit more in the blues than greens, so just incase I'll keep testing a bit more often than you ussually would for a while.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.