? Almost, but not quite!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tasha & Darwin, Jun 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

I really thought Darwin was going to eat some canned food today! I have switched him quite easily to meal feeding - I am trying to do twice daily for now so that I can let him get hungry enough to try something new (I know that's not ideal for Diabetics, but if he doesn't get hungry I know he'll never touch anything but his beloved dry)

Tonight he started to look for dinner around 5pm or so (planned meal about 6:55pm prior to insulin at 7pm). I tried some canned, and added some kibble on top, and tried Dr. Pierson's "chip dip" trick. He ate one piece of kibble that hadn't really touched the canned, but wouldn't eat any more than that. He did, at least, keep going back to it to sniff and see if he could get any kibble without touching the canned - he was hungry!

If he wasn't diabetic, I'd just let him get a bit hungrier (as Dr Pierson says here), but obviously I had to feed him before his shot, so I fed a very small (just under 1/8 cup) of his dry food, and gave his scheduled 7pm shot.

Does anyone have any advice? Would you keep waiting him out, and give his shot a little late? I did order some FortiFlora today as I have read that it can help significantly with stubborn cats.

Throughout the day today I also tried to offer him some freeze-fried chicken, and baby food - who wouldn't love that? Darwin! o_O

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

You might want to post this over on the Lantus thread, not Introductions :)

3. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

Oops! That was where I meant it to be! :confused:

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.