ALMOST OTJ!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ohbell, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    Well my sugar Bean is doing great! Has not had a shot since 5/15!!! numbers are great! pmps - 363 and received .25 of 1 unit!!! this was on 5/15, and has not had a reading over 161 since (which was the reading this am)!!! GOOOOO BEAN! JUST WANTED TO SHARE
    I dont want to get too happy yet, but is still great for BEAN
    Gumpy has had her blood pressure taken for the first time at home last nite and was 114! NO MEDS.... Then to the emer. vet at 9 pm for another check and was 120! NO MEDS... then back this am at 6 am..... 150! NO MEDS.... Soooo back to the emer. vet at 6-7 pm today to see what it is!!!! HAPPY FOR HER but wishing we knew what was going on! MOMMY is scared!
    Have a great day folks! GOT TO DO SOME WORK!
    I also posted on the PZI site as well!

2. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Good news on both kitties. Replied on PZI.

3. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Is there a reason you haven't bought a meter to do the testing at home? Going the the ER vet to get a BG test seems like the most expensive route to take. I myself would still be giving some insulin with numbers like 150 and 160 hopefully you have some FD experienced guidance on going off the insulin. Gook luck on getting OTJ.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Melanie she is testing Bean (sugar kitty) at home and testing Gumpy (high blood pressure) at vet.
    I get confused too, she's a fast talker :lol:

5. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

this is great Bean news.

So what's going on with Gumpy that you need to take her for BP testing? And are they charging for this? I'm sure they are but you know what I' mean, is it expensive.

6. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

So Grumpy - blood pressure kitty is getting tested by the ER vet and is the one not getting meds and those are BP numbers, not BG numbers? And Bean - the sugar kitty is still getting insulin, but showing better numbers? Haha, I definitely missed a whole lot of that conversation somewhere @-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.