Alphatrak2 received.. Q

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Indigo, Nov 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo

Indigo Member

This is the alphatrak 2 that I purchased from Amazon, just want to make sure before I break the seal on this thing that I got the right product to use with the insulin X strips.
    20181121_142211.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    Ana & Frosty (GA) likes this.
  2. Indigo

Indigo Member

Ok well I'm learning ...look up the key word alphatrak and there was a post from @Beck and Grandpa (GA) about the meter and the use of insulin X strips and something I don't quite understand yet about setting the meter at 38. Just now received my meter today. Jackson has not begun is testing as yet, he is newly diagnosed.

Sorry to have taken the time to make this silly post like I said, I'm learning!

Ana & Frosty (GA) likes this.
  3. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

If you take a look at your manual, it will walk you through doing a set up test using a drop of sample fluid provided and one test strip. When you insert the strip, you'll see a number code light up on the meter. You can use the buttons to change the number to 38.

@JanetNJ , anything to add?

Indigo likes this.
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Nope that’s about it.

5. Indigo

Indigo Member

The alphatrak 2 is on the monitor itself, thank you ever so much for taking the time to answer my post. Tell you one thing, I'm learning!

6. Indigo

Indigo Member

7. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Put in a strip and hit the c button until you hit 38.

Indigo likes this.
  8. Indigo

Indigo Member

Thank you :nailbiting:

9. Schmill

Schmill Member

If you've bought the start kit there will be a pot of starter strips in with it. If you use THOSE be sure to set the meter to the number printed on the side of the pot for cats / feline

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.