Alternative Relion strips??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Christie & Willie (GA), Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

Was poking around ADW today, and happened upon the Arkay Glucocard 01Meter and the Arkay GlucoCard 01 Mini, which appear to be the Relion Confirm and Micro, respectively, which are manufactured by Arkay for Walmart. I'm not familiar with the Ultima model, but this may be the generic version?

Test strips and meters are are a bit less than Walmart when buying in single boxes, but are significantly cheaper when buying in bulk. Plus, they would be available to folks who don't have easy access to Walmart but like the meter!

For example, what appears to be the Confirm model ($9.99 for the meter, approx. $0.40/strip at Walmart):
    9.99 Meter alone
    16.99 single box of 50 strips ($.34/strip)
    25.23 Meter + 50 strips
    31.99 Meter +100 strips (very good deal... this would be $50 at Walmart!)
    32.28 100 strips $.32/strip
    64.56 Meter + 200 strips (again, strips alone at Walmart would be about $80)
    69.99 250 strips (buy 4 boxes of 50, get 1 free, $.28/strip... best deal!)
    178.40 12 boxes of 50 strips ($.30/strip)
    344.76 24 boxes of 50 strips ($.29/strip)

The generic micro appears to be a bit more expensive if buying it alone, but is the same price if bought with 50 strips, and is basically free compared to Walmart if buying 100 strips (and that is before any discounts!).

Plus, you can use coupon codes when they have them (ADWTHU45 will get you 5% off through the end of April!) and cashback sites (for example, 8% through Mr. Rebates) and there is no sales tax, making the price per strip even lower. They give free shipping on all orders over $100, and they also carry the popular monoject syringes.

I know that the Relion meters are very popular choices here, and I know that some of our Canadian friends do have difficulty getting the Relions... the good news? ADW ships to Canada... though not sure of the rates. I'm going to be checking it out (having just ordered strips for my main meter, the advocate and my backup meter, the freestyle lite, via ebay... of course.), and will report back when I do.

Happy shopping!!

Patricia & Noodle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.