Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Booger's Mom, Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Does anyone else get up in the middle of the night to check their kitty's BG?? I hope I'm not the only crazy one.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

No, I’m crazy too! ;) I try not to do it every night and it’s almost always only one test.

3. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

guilty as charged.....less now that we have tons of data.

4. apple

apple Member

Yes- as needed, I do middle of the night checks. 3:30 A.M. is a preset on my alarm.

5. Booger's Mom

Booger's Mom Member

Oh thank God I'm not the only one. I can't imagine now checking him at nadir especially right now when he's so bouncy. This afternoon he was 105 while that's good I was afraid he would go lower so I gave him a few treats. I guess I should just wait and check him 30 minutes later to see if he was any lower first but I'm so afraid he will go hypo.

6. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

We are ALL crazy lol:woot:

7. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Just remember the hypo is fixable just watch boogie, I used to start giving honey if it even got close to 100 and I would give so many that it was putting him back real high, I was in a panic that’s before I got on here, I worried about it all the time and from what I gather their bodies also know and want food so bella would want to eat.
    My bad experience was that the 1st I brought him home vet told me at 4pm give him 4u so I did a little bit later Bella was falling over and looked like he was having seizures, I called my vet tech and told her and she was saying to give him honey until he stopped, omg that went on for what I though was forever, found out later when the vet gave him insulin at office no one had fed him but they gave him insulin at office that day, so he had had 8u that day with only 1 small can of food that I had given him, I was so so mad like beyond mad later on my tech to,d me I saved his life, so that bad experience made me super sensitive to his numbers, they had told me I didn’t have to check it at home and from that day forward I got a meter and now I know what to do, I don’t panic anymore since being on here, now I just have to learn not to panic those god awful blacks and when he starts getting low I just give a few treats and it fixes it.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    Reason for edit: added a lot more
    jayla-n-Drevon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.