Amethyst 01/21/2018 PMPS 274

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pamela & Amethyst, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Anyway you could delay the shot until she comes up to a shootable number? Wait 30-60 min and retest to see if she is coming up?

3. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree. You could also try a BCS shot instead of a NS and that may prevent the pink AMPS. Worth a try next time.

4. Pamela & Amethyst

What is a BCS??

5. Pamela & Amethyst

Hi I have tried that in the past. She does not come up even with alot of Karo. It takes her awhile:oops:

6. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Big Chicken Shot.

But you would still need to wait for a higher, shootable number. @Wendy&Neko (correct me if I am wrong, not that familiar with shooting Levemir or higher dose kitties)

Remember you are not shooting the PS number you are shooing the nadir number.

Let's see what she does on the 5U. Start really watching her numbers in 6-8 cycles. Look at her SS and there is a pattern developing :)

7. Pamela & Amethyst

Okay Thanks:bighug:

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Every time you skip, you end up with horrible pink numbers the next day. That must be hard on Amethyst. Next time you see a steep dive, like the one at +9 yesterday, I would intervene with karo to see if you can prop her numbers up enough that you can shoot at PMPS, even if it's a reduced dose. Your SS says you gave karo yesterday, but I don't know when. I would still wait until she's above 50 before shooting though.

Gill & George likes this.
  9. Pamela & Amethyst

Thank you:bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.