Amethyst 12/05/2017 PMPS 258

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Pamela & Amethyst, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

:cat:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You haven't seen any green, so yes I would increase. At this size of dose (greater than 5 units), you can do increases by 0.5 units at a time, especially if you aren't seeing green. And you don't need to hold for 10 cycles, 8 is enough if all you are seeing is blue. Good luck with the increase. Acrocats dosing needs go up and down as the tumour pulses, so you just have to follow with dose changes.

3. Pamela & Amethyst

Thank you Wendy She is not budging right now:oops: I will increase her tomorrow. So then because she is an acro constant dose changes will be happening???

4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

They could, and probably will, but it is always good to hold for at least 6 cycles after a dose increase.

5. Pamela & Amethyst

Hi Thanks:cat:

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It is unpredicable. I once held Neko's dose for three months because it kept giving me good nadirs. Other times I had to change after the tumour growth with continual increases. It's up to Amethyst. :cat:

7. Pamela & Amethyst

Thanks Would the Cabergoline help her? She is so young to go thru all this:oops:

8. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

It has helped a few kitties here and the studies done are promising. It is something you might want to talk to your vet about. Many vets however are unaware of it.

9. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Pamela!!
    I'm a big fan of Cabergoline. I feel its so worth a try. Some kitties seem to have no response to it while others do. I haven't heard anyone on this board report any ill side effects. The only side effect, if any, was Beenie got a little gassy. That's it. In my opinion it helped her get to those greens consistently.

You can certainly always just treat Amethyst with whatever amount of insulin she needs.

Go luck with the dose increase:bighug:

10. Pamela & Amethyst

Hi Can you help me make my Vet understand?? I want Amethyst on the medication my vet is not budging I do not have any extra money to start over with a new vet:oops:

11. Pamela & Amethyst

12. Pamela & Amethyst

Hi How are you? I want my little girl on the medication My vet is not budging and I do not have any extra money to start over with a new vet.Any ideas how to get her to budge???:oops:

13. Pamela & Amethyst

Can you and do you know someone who can help mt vet understand?:oops:

14. Beenie (GA)

Gee I'm not sure Pamela. You are in the end the pet owner and paying customer. I hope your vet reconsiders.

15. Pamela & Amethyst

Hi I just got off the phone with her She says that what she has heard and read about the UK study is not enough for her to consider it :banghead:

16. Beenie (GA)

Ok so let's re-focus. For now just keep doing what you're doing. Cabergoline is in no way a cure. Remission is very unlikely although possible...Marvin:cat:
    Keep doing what you're doing Pamela. Treat Amethyst with the insulin she needs. Don't stress about it. You're doing such a great job. Keep on keepin on:bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. Pamela & Amethyst

Thanks for the help and encouragement:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.