Amps 193 dosing advice please

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kya’s Mom 1983, Dec 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

Kyas been on .75 for a week and a half doing good. Stay on .75 this morning or drop this dose to .5? Mind you first day back at work. I can’t test won’t get home till 5

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I think she would have been OK with 0.75 u. It's given you some nice dark greens. However, you have to be comfortable with the dose while you're away all day.

3. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

Hey there! Saw you weren’t on this morning I was a little sad since u helped me out so much. I ended up giving her .5 this morning. I wanted to be safe with her. I guess we will see what her pmps number is this evening. I wish I didn’t have to work lol. Her meter has been consistently 36 points lower than the lab machine at the vet each time. When it’s says in the 70s I wish I could count that as really in 100s is dark green what I’m supposed to be aiming for?

4. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

You mentioned the discrepancy between your meter and their lab machine - iirc, they actually measure by different methods. Also, there is the stress hyperglycemia possibly affecting things.

What I did before a vet visit was test Rhubarb's sugar, then bring my meter with me. They then tested with their alphatrak and my machine on the same drop. It then gives you an idea of how the stress changes it and a comparison to their alphatrak

5. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

They did the meter and the lab machine with same sample

6. Kris & Teasel

A difference between a human meter and the vet's measurement is to be expected. I wouldn't worry. The advice we give here is based on the numbers a human meter gives.

7. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

Oh ok, I just misunderstood- sorry!
    Most human meters read lower than the vet ones.

8. Kya’s Mom 1983

Kya’s Mom 1983 Member

Hi. Pmps was 155. Should I do .5 again?

9. Kris & Teasel

Yes, I think that's the way to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.