amps 199

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Simonsmama, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simonsmama

Simonsmama Member

Hi guys,
    Simon's amps was 199. I did not shoot and went ahead and fed him before leaving for work. My hubby is home so I can instruct him. Let me know what you think. I really don't want to go through what we did the other night. Thanks

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Well, we know that several days at 1 unit dropped him down as low as 58 at +2.5 and you spent an entire night feeding gravy and Karo.

I suspect you should start over at 0.5 units when you resume shooting, whether that is this morning or this evening. If you skip this morning, he will be high, but for 12 hours, he is likely to be OK. Better a little too high, than too low, as you found out!

Here's the link to his spreadsheet, so folks can review it.

And the previous condo

3. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Thats a good idea since you wouldnt be home.

Over time though we want to train you to get used to shooting at lower and lower numbers because we want Simon to start spending more time in in regular cat numbers and start to heal. We need more data to see how he will behave in these situations so that if you do shoot low, you know whether to worry and stay up, or go to bed. Please re - read this sticky http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46003

However we also want to find a dose that wont drop him into dangerously low numbers. I am thinking he might need a dose decrease even now but I am asking the other guys to comment on that.

Simons SS fyi https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Z2Y1NmZHWktmclAtOENHUklGbmc&usp=sharing#gid=0
    Wendy

4. Simonsmama

Simonsmama Member

I guess I will have to get different syringes then. The ones I have are 50u and it is hard enough to do one unit.

5. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

wow yes that could be a problem!

6. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, you need to get ones that are:

U-100, 0.3 cc, with 1/2 unit markings

Some states require a prescription for insulin syringes, so if you need one, ask your vet to call it into the pharmacy for you. Inexpensive syringes can be purchased at Walmart pharmacy - one box of 100 syringes (Relion brand) approximately $13.

Starting over at 0.5 unit is a good idea, given how quickly he dropped the other night.

7. Simonsmama

Simonsmama Member

I will check with the vet to phone more in...yes we are one of those states that needs a script.

8. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Hey there
    just wondering if you managed to get the smaller syringes?

Also I think you are ready that I would like to invite you to start posting on the lantus tight regulation forum on a regular basis. Many of us post our readings there daily as there are some really good experienced members there who will look at your readings and advise on dose and so on. The forum is here http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewforum.php?f=9

You post like this

Subject : 2/14 Simon AMPS 432 +5 180
    Content: Simon had a good day but he is still peeing a lot. Do you think I should increase his dose?

You can add a ? to your post if you have a question and you get more eyes on it. I think this would be a good thing for you to do...

let me know
    Wendy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.