? AMPS 446, PMPS 161; rollercoaster continues.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Viktoria, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

Ninja had some low pre-shot numbers, and since I'm gone all day, I had to cut the dose. I am not sure if the reduced dose is what's causing the higher numbers or if he's bouncing, but some of those numbers were really high. I don't know if I should reduce the dose? Because it also seems like his low numbers continue well into the next dose... I did 1.5 units today, since it's the evening, I can be up as late as necessary, should he decide to plummet - was that a bad call? I'd love any insight and advice you, wise guardians of other felines, have for us! :cat:

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Beautiful blue numbers today!!!! I don’t like giving dose advise, others will but great numbers today!!

Viktoria likes this.
  3. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

Thank you! Ninja says he tried very hard, haha :)

Bellasmom likes this.
  4. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Nice work today Ninja!

Viktoria likes this.
  5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Lantus craves consistency so you want to give the same dose both AM and PM....As long as he's above 150, I'd try to go ahead and give the scheduled dose. Every time you change the dose, the depot has to catch up so if you change the dose often, it never has a chance to settle.

IF you get a Pre-shot under 150, you'll want to Stall, don't feed and post for help the first time or two until you're more comfortable shooting lower numbers. Wait 20-30 minutes and test again so you'll know if the BG is coming up without the influence of food. If it does go up, you're almost always safe to go ahead and shoot, but we like to have someone who has experience sit with you the first few times to help guide you and keep him safe (and you sane!...LOL) During that 20-30 minutes you're stalling, you can post for help. Make sure your subject line says something like "STALLING, NEED HELP!" so you get someone's attention asap.

We have a "rule" here....if it's the first time you're shooting a lower Pre-shot and someone agrees to help you, they'll stay with you as long as necessary to make sure you're both OK (or find someone else that can watch out for you)

Viktoria and Sue and Luci like this.
  6. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

Thank you! Mom is very proud of me for staying so level! :)

7. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

That makes sense, thank you! Do you think we're seeing lower numbers now due to dosage or is he getting used to insulin + lower numbers?

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Probably some of both.....but whatever the reason, it's sure great to see him surfing in so much better numbers!!

I'd hold this 1.5U dose for now and let's see how he does.

Just FYI....on your spreadsheet, if you do tests at "odd" times (like +3.5), you can put the number along with @3.5 in the +3 cell (look at China's spreadsheet today at +4.5)

You have to manually color code the cell, but it makes it clearer when you got the test done. To manually color code the cell, go to the top and click on the icon that looks like a small can of paint tipping over and then choose the color that corresponds with the number.

9. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

Excellent! Thank you for the heads up - I'll do that next time :cat: