Amps 450 in the AM - No sign of cat for shot Q's

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Darwin H., Dec 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darwin H.

Darwin H. Member

Simba's BG was 47 PMPS so no shot was given. This Morning BG was 450 and gave him some 9lives which he only picked at and drank a little water and disappeared. He is overdue for his shot and in hiding. He must really feel bad and I have to leave soon.. This is a vent more than anything. I know he will come out of hiding soon. **If High BG is better than low is it just the lessor of two evils as I understand it?
    What if pre shot they don't eat much in the AM? Inject anyway? Thanks all...

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

If he dropped to 47, he earned a reduction in dose so even with a 450 AMPS, you should be reducing down to 1.75U

He's "bouncing" again from the low, but remember, we based dosing decisions on the low numbers, not the Pre-shot numbers.

One of the nice things about Glargine is that they don't need to eat a certain amount....it doesn't usually start to "kick in" for 2-3 hours, so as long as they're not sick and totally refusing to eat, you have time to get them to eat more.

3. Darwin H.

Darwin H. Member

Thank you for your response. Thank goodness I found him and he started eating again. I did give him a full 2u dose.
    He didn't seem any worse for wear or out of character before or after. But I will use your reference about going from the low not from the amps am pre shot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.