amps 61 so I withheld shot....thoughts?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by doombuggy, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doombuggy

doombuggy Well-Known Member

Yesterday morning I raised him from 2 to 2.5.
    Yesterday he was amps 180, pmps 180 and +6 177.
    This morning he was 61, so I didn't give him any insulin. I am going to recheck before I am supposed to go to work. If he shoots up to 150 or more after eating his breakfast, I will give him some, but I don't think the whole dose? What are your thoughts? thanks for the help...of to get ready for work...

2. doombuggy

He was 139 at 7am, so I gave him approximately 0.5 units (maybe a drop less) befroe I left for work.

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

That increase from 2 to 2.5 seems to be too much. You may have skipped over his optimal dose by increasing 0.5 instead of 0.25.

4. MaryB & Chester

MaryB & Chester Member

I shoot on schedule. If Chester is too low for a shot, then he doesn't get a shot until the next scheduled shot. No guessing or half measures in between.
    I'd try a dose of 2.25. If 2.0 wasn't quite enough, and it appears that 2.5 was too much, then the next logical step is 2.25 - at the regularly scheduled shot time.
    Chester's been rising 2.25 for quite a while now. Some days he goes a little high. Once in a while he throws a low. The rest of the time, he's doing OK. I know that when he throws a low and misses a shot that the next shot will just be high - but that next high is usually only for that one next shot. Then he's back to a reasonable range for a while. I don't give half-doses or partial doses in between shots. I just don't like to guess with insulin.

That reminds me - I need to get back to updating his spreadsheet regularly...

5. doombuggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.