Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarah and Baby

Sarah and Baby Member

I'm shooting Lantus 1.25u. I am actually at +10 from PMPS, but I need to go out of town, need to leave soon.

This is cross post from Lantus forum.

2. If nobody is going to be there to watch baby I would skip. Especially if you have to leave soon.
    Carl

3. Sarah and Baby

Sarah and Baby Member

Even for a long-acting insulin like lantus?

4. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Do you have anyone that can test and shoot later, or do you need to shoot right now?

Mel, Maxwell, Musette & The Fur Gang

5. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Don't shoot. For newbies we recommend using 200 as your don't shoot number. Anything below 200 skip the shot. Your next preshot reading will be high, but don't worry about it. That is normal. You will see the readings level out quickly.

6. Sarah and Baby

Sarah and Baby Member

ok thank you!! I really appreciate the help!!

7. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

If no one is going to be there to monitor, I would skip, anything below 150 is still a no shoot for me, and I've been at it awhile.

Mel, Maxwell, Musette & The Fur Gang

8. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Seeing that she's tends to stay in the 300s and cleared 500s the last time you skipped with no real low numbers in the past, I would have opted to shoot at least a partial dose just to keep her from soaring too high.

9. The fact that it is a long lasting insulin didn't matter when I advised to skip. If you were shooting her normal dose early (ie a dose increase) into a 97 with nobody around to watch how she reacted, you were risking an unwitnessed hypo, IMO

10. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Sarah, I'm sorry I did not include in the shot schedule for later in the week how to give earlier shots. If I had realized you were needing to give a +10 shot this morning, I would have explained that you can give a reduced dose the night before of approximately 15% less, so that your next preshot # may not have been too low to shoot at +10.

But it will be OK. Not giving the shot kept Baby safe and kept you from worrying so much while you're gone. Will check back with you when you return.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.