AMPS and PMPS Prozinc

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Momof4Cats4321, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Momof4Cats4321

Momof4Cats4321 New Member

Hi There - what number ranges am I shooting for with AMPS and PMPS? I haven't been able to get any nadirs lately because of work... But my Snowball is doing so much better since I found you guys. He loves the new fancy feast diet and so do my 3 other cats I know no insulin if his AMPS or PMPS # is under 200 - - I have been giving him 1 unit of Prozinc in the AM and PM and his #s have been in the 300's. I know the nadir is important, but I just can't get it when I am working... I'm scared to give a higher dose because I am not here for those mid day numbers.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi Lisa, are you using a human or pet meter? I'll tag @Sue and Oliver (GA) and @Rachel for you. On a human meter, to start, we aim for mid 200's at PS with low 100's or double digits above 50, at nadir. After that we fine tune the dose to get into lower ranges. Will you be able to run a curve this weekend? That will help To determine a good dose.

3. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Hi Lisa! Sharon gave you the numbers we look for in regulation. I see that you've had some nice nadirs...with the occasional a bit too low number. I am wondering if you are seeing some bouncing based on the previous mid cycle numbers you got...but there's no way to be sure without seeing what you're getting mid cycle now. Trust me, I know it's impossible to get those numbers when you're at work! I've been there. I'd try to get them during the weekends (or whenever you're home). Running a curve would help if you can manage it?

To help when you cannot get the mid cycle numbers, try to grab some when you can. Do you shoot right before leaving the house? If not, grab a quick test on the way out the door. Also, maybe grab a test before bed...if it's a few hours later than the PM shot, that can help. Any numbers you can get will help. :)

4. Momof4Cats4321

Will do ! Thank you! You are all so very much appreciated! ( And yes, @Sharon14 I am using a human meter)

Sharon14 likes this.
  5. Momof4Cats4321

Oh he is 241 this morning - Do I want to give a full unit?

6. johnt

johnt Member

sorry for my ignorance, can someone tell me what AMPS and PMPS are?

7. Momof4Cats4321

Hi! They are the pre shot Blood Glucose numbers in the morning(AMPS) and night(PMPS).. If you click on my link (the spreadsheet) it'll show you examples... ( I am new to this )

8. Sharon14

Hi Lisa, did you shoot this AM?

9. Momof4Cats4321

Hi I did- .5 to be safe

10. Sharon14

Good. Always better safe! Why don't you come over to the ProZinc forum and start a thread. Sue and Rachel will give you great advice on dosing.

Rachel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.