AMPS BG Reading

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (The Main Forum)' started by Greg and Goma & Friends, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Greg and Goma & Friends

Greg and Goma & Friends Member

Dec 8, 2017
    The initial reading from the monitor stated 505. While I know this is still way too high, I initially felt good since it was 200 points below where I was two days ago. I had my doubts so, using a new strip took another reading (from the same stick point) which now reflected 600. This is what I recorded on Goma's spreadsheet. Being so new to all this, my question is: Can the monitor readings really be so drastically different? How can we rely on this? Nearly a 100 point variance in a matter of seconds from the same blood source.
  2. nmveasey

nmveasey Member

Nov 15, 2017
    If you take multiple readings back to back, you can record all of them on the spreadsheet. If I have a weird reading I will take another reading with a new sample of blood. I know it’s using another test strip, but it may not be a bad idea.

I’m thinking I read somewhere if the blood sits you can get a higher reading. Maybe that’s what happened.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Meters are allowed to have a 20% variance in readings. These two numbers fit within that criterion. Congrats on the testing! Do you feel brave enough to boost the dose to 1 unit for the next shot?
    Djamila likes this.