amps close to 200, do I decrease again?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MicheleS, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

cross-posting from PZI... more traffic over here:
    sorry to be such a pest....

Soccer's amps is 201. Do I reduce again? He was at 1, then 0.6. I'll be in and out all day so I can check sporadically but not *regularly*.

Thanks!!
    Michele

PS. He's on ProZinc.

2. MicheleS

MicheleS Member

another cross-post:
    nevermind. I gave him 0.6. I looked at my schedule for today and I can manage BG checks at +2, +5, +7, +9 so I feel relatively safe. I just wish I knew where his nadir is. :?

Do you think with the testing today, I can figure it out??

3. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

I think the .6 is a good place to stay in the data collection phase, and you will have many chances to collect data this cycle.

4. Sue and Oliver (GA)

Sue and Oliver (GA) Well-Known Member

Repeat after me: I am not a pest, I am not a pest.

Michelle,

We have all been where you are. After the initial getting started phase, then comes the sometimes scarier dosing questions phase. You have the bg information but aren't sure what to do with it. We are happy to help; we are all paying it forward from our newbie days.

Sounds like your plan is good. Most - but not all - PZI cats have a nadir somewhere between 5 - 7 hours after the shot. The new PZI you are using may have a longer "hang time". So hope you can get some numbers during the day. Be sure to also note anything that might be influencing the bg - playing alot or very quiet, when ate and what, etc on your spreadsheet.

You are doing great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.