? AMPS

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Viktoria, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

I re-tested him to make sure it wasn’t a bad test strip and currently I’m stalling for another 20 mins or so. However, given that I won’t be home the rest of the day, I’m hesitant to give him the full dose. Should I do a lower dose? Skip entirely? His numbers have been kind of wonky lately, so I’m not sure I can really predict what his numbers will look like while we’re gone.

Edited to add: AMPS was 153, I can’t seem to figure out how to edit the title.

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Let's see what the next number is. If he is on the rise, you might be okay to shoot, but my concern is that you won't be to monitor the rest of the day. Do you have a automatic feeder where you could leave times meals for him? And even if you give a reduced dose, the higher depot could still be at work.

If he is the same or lower the next test, the safest thing will be to skip since you won't be home.

Viktoria likes this.
  3. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

I do have an automatic feeder, but he’s not always the best at hearing it, lol. So while I know he’d find it eventually, I don’t want to bank on that as his safety net. I’ll post with his next number in just a bit.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  4. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

@Bobbie And Bubba Ninja is dropping more, not rising he’s at 136... so I’m going to feed him and skip the shot. The question is - do I give him HC food? Or LC?

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wise choice to skip. Since you are not giving him insulin, it is not necessary to give him HC food. Just give him his regular LC food and he will come up.

Viktoria likes this.
  6. Viktoria

Viktoria Member

Excellent! Thank you for your help :)

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member