Amy's pathology report is back

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tim & Chris, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim & Chris

Tim & Chris Member

It is confirmed that it is cancer. My vet is making an appointment with the oncologist near Rochester. I'm hoping she can get us in sonner than if I called. She doesn't believe it can be cured...just put into remission. She couldn't tell me if
    chemo would be helpful to Amy or just make her remaining time miserable. So we're getting a consultation with the oncologist. Then we will be better prepared to decide what's best for my girl.

She has eaten 4 jars of baby food since Tuesday night. She's working on her 5th jar right now. She was up and in a big long stretch when I brought her her food. Her vet is goiong to show me how to give her fluids so that Amy doesn't have to keep going in. She hates her carrier.

Just got off the phone w/ the oncology dept in Rochester. We have an appointment for a consultation Wednesday morning at 9 am. Still praying for a miracle for my girl.

Thanks so much for all your prayers.

Chris

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Good luck with the oncologist. Can you give a summary of what the pathologist said. Some cancers readily respond to chemo.

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Keeping Amy in my prayers...

4. BobsMom

BobsMom Member

I will be praying for Amy

5. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

Larry's right, some forms respond very well to chemo.
    If you are able to post the path report and details from the u/s report there are several on the board who have been through this -- larry and myself included -- who might be able to give you some info to prepare you for Amy's visit w/ the oncologist.

continuing to send prayers and good wishes for Amy.

((( Chris, Amy & Tim )))

6. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers! Hope it's the kind that responds really well to chemo too. I know cats tolerate chemo WAY better than people do. I believe Deanie's Abbey was in remission for 4 YEARS while on chemo!

7. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

sending prayers that it is treatable and you have many more years together

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.