An Email to My Vet

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by KPassa, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

My vet is a huge Hills Prescription advocate and had first responded with "well, I don't know why you're bothering to come in for a follow-up since you're going to do whatever you want, anyway" when I told him I was home monitoring. So, when I last took Michelangelo in for a check-up, I showed my vet everything I had been doing. The great news is that he was so impressed that he gave me his personal email address and asked that I send him an email with a link to Mikey's chart as well as some of the links I've gotten my information from.

I've pasted what I have below. Please let me know if I'm missing anything, have anything inaccurate, or if you have any other suggestions. I left off any links requiring registration to view (i.e. this forum) because I'm already asking a lot by expecting him to click on every link I've provided him, much less having him register to read any of them. I really want to share this information with him and hopefully convert him!

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

You might find it useful to take the posts about protocol and place them into Word or Google Docs, so they may be downloaded to your vet's reference files.

3. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Yes, I was thinking of doing that anyway, but I figured I'd hold off and see if he even replies back to this or if I'm going to have to find a new vet instead. :lol:

4. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

sounds great to me :)

btw, just wanted to say hi from a fellow socal member.

5. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

You do not have to register to browse most of this site. Health, Insulin forums are all viewable without logging in. So you might want to give your vet the link to the site, too.

6. CatMomWendy

CatMomWendy New Member

May have to steal your e-mail as I had a similar conversation with my vet this AM. He did not agree with the 200 and under number and he said there is no nadir with Lantus. He also said there was no scale to calculate dose. I am very new to all this and I suddenly think I may know more about managing my guy's diabetes better than the vet, thanks to the resources on this site. :razz:

7. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Good to know! I'm still debating whether or not to do that, however, because "Michelangelo" is a unique enough name for a cat that he might find some of what I've said about him on here (nothing bad, really, just that he sold me Hills Prescription dry pet food for Mikey's diabetes and that I seem to have learned more about diabetes in a week online than he did in vet school). :oops:

Please feel free to do so and let me know if you'd like the version with the links not embedded. :mrgreen:

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Lisa Pierson, DVM, the vet who's site you referenced (www.catinfo.org) is not retired. She does offer consultations and there are a number of members here who use her as their vet.

9. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

I have no idea why I thought that she was retired.... I forgot my vet's email address at home so I haven't sent it yet; I'll make sure to remove that section. Thanks for pointing that out!

Do you know where she lives/practices? Because if I do need to find a new vet, I think I know where I want to go.

10. Carol & Yoshi

Carol & Yoshi Well-Known Member

I suggest you email her DrPierson@catinfo.org It looks like she's from the South Bay, Lomita according to a google search but no office indicated. She does phone consults per comments from others who have done that and found it very helpful.

11. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

12. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Thanks, everyone, for the feedback. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost my vet's email address by tucking it in a "safe" space that I quickly forgot, ohmygod_smile so I haven't sent this to him yet.

Yes, I think that was it! Glad to know I'm not as crazy as I feared. @-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.