An Intro, A Love Story

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by gumbygal, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gumbygal

gumbygal New Member

Hi there!
    My name is Jennie and I am the very proud human of a stunningly beautiful feline named Gumby.
    In 2014, I was missing my fairly recently deceased cats I had raised from kitten hood and so were my little nieces. My mom, nieces, and I decided to go to the animal shelter to play with some kittens to cheer us up. But my nieces thought the kittens were “too scratchy” so we went to the room with the adult cats. My mom asked about a cat she had seen online that had my nickname, “Gumby,” given to me by a physical therapist because of my rare disease, and they pointed out a gray cat huddled in a corner on a box. She had a tipped ear, was 4 years old, and didn’t allow anyone to interact with her, but when I walked up, she emerged and slowly, she allowed me to pet her. She had been feral/outside for 4 years. I took her home that day.

No one knew about her diabetes, but I figured it out shortly after getting her, and she’s been insulin dependent for 4 years.

She’s also been my constant companion and has trained herself to be my service cat, warning if I’m about to faint, getting help if I do. She is the best part of my life and I hope that I have made her as happy as she has made me.

Attached Files:

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and your lovely kitty! :) She's a very special girl. Can we help with anything?

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

BTW - I checked out your FB page: you go girl!! :D

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! What a beautiful story!

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! Sweet story.

6. Magic Johnson

Magic Johnson Member

So wonderful!!!!!

7. Chrissy66

Chrissy66 Member

It sounds like Gumby was the perfect kitty for you..

Magic Johnson likes this.
  8. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.