An update on Smokie

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Smokie’s Mom, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokie’s Mom

Smokie’s Mom New Member

Hi everyone. I wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped me through Smokie’s DKA episode two weeks ago. I stopped responding and then got logged out and forgot my password and I apologize for not getting back on this board to post sooner. Everyone is SO knowledgeable and the advice I’ve read has definitely saved Smokie’s life and given me the confidence to take care of him.

I think I was successful in creating my signature and spreadsheet. I was hoping some of you could look at the spreadsheet and offer some insight. For several days now, his BG has been too low for his PM shot. I don’t like only giving him one shot per day but it’s been too low. I do plan on doing another curve one or both days this weekend. I also backed down on the dose because I’m wondering if 2.5 is too high. Also, when his numbers have been so low, he has been acting like his usual self and never exhibited any hypo symptoms.

Thank you all so much!

2. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Jackie, I can’t access your spreadsheet. You may need to change the link that is in your signature. While you are in your spreadsheet, click on the share button in the top right, copy & paste that link in your signature. You might want to post this in the ProZinc forum so users of that insulin can see and comment.

3. Smokie’s Mom

Smokie’s Mom New Member

I think I fixed the link now. Does it open for you? And thanks for the advice, I was also going to ask if posting there would be better. Thank you!

4. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.