Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

It's an embarrassment to be on this forum acting like I know what I'm talking about and then this happens. I'm good at encouraging people and cracking jokes but then this happens. I'm not above some criticism and a bit of scolding. Let er' rip.

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Potato Chip.

3. Noah & me (GA)

Oh come on! You kids and your secret language. Does that mean I'm a doofus? Baked, not fried? What do you want for your birthday Tracey? If you're buying me a tee shirt I wear extra medium. Actually CJ gets me a new Curious George shirt every birthday. I even have a lunchbox and a coffee mug.
    Does everyone else know Tracey and I were born in the same hospital? Maybe we shared cloth diapers, or maybe not. Actually that's a little disgusting. Mr. Hankie the Christmas Poo!

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

You are not that much older then me!

Let er' Rip Tator Chip?

5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

How about this one? Would that scare the neighbors?

6. Noah & me (GA)

Yes, I will soon be a seƱor citizen. I thought I was getting a discount if I spoke Spanish. Tracey, you cannot possibly be that old. "Hey you kids, do you know who the Beatles are? They are groovy! And get off my lawn before I notify the authorities! Don't touch my LeBaron, I just had it detailed." Last year a kid at the high school called me sir. He said he had to respect his elders. Oh thanks a bunch junior.
    Our house already scares the neighbors, it's decorated in "Early Motel". Very hard to accessorize.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I have a kid that is 28 and I was over 20 when I had him.

8. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

What happened? I missed it. Lol

Noah & me (GA) likes this.
  9. Noah & me (GA)

Noah finally went over the 7 unit mark and between him and Nigel I've never pumped that much insulin into a cat before. On Wednesday Noah was high in the morning but 12 hours later he was as low as his nadir should have been and I didn't shoot him. This has happened before and I wonder if he's that low after 12 hours how low was he at 6 hours? I know I've said before that Noah's brother Nigel was a perfect patient but it's true. His numbers never varied and his curves were out of a textbook. There's just nothing normal about this poor old cat and I'd rather be a little high in the short term than low. Nigel would sometimes dip below 50 and my hair would be falling out but he'd be walking around with his tail in the air, running up and down the stairs, perfect balance and eyesight. Out came the corn syrup and he'd look at me "I'm fine, go away". This is why I'm so freaked if we have to travel somewhere, Noah doesn't follow the rules.

10. Noah & me (GA)

Can't decide on what to do for my 60th. Dinner is obvious. I really love dirt bikes but there's no where to ride anymore. I want to play softball again but the local "friendly" league is just a bunch of bitter old men. Last time I switched my shoelace to fuchsia and one of the fat guys on the team wouldn't sit next to me anymore like he was going to get AIDS. I haven't had a good camera in a long time. I have lots of Nikon lenses, a $300 flash and a Manfrotto tripod. I think the best thing I could do for both of us is get another dog. I know we should get a rescue but once you've had a Border Collie there's no going back. I don't want some stupid yapping mutt that goes after the cats. So mine's May 28th. I know yours is close, come on Tracey, spill! I'll send you some of my famous cookies and a talking card. When are you going to be a Grandma? You know, the Lazy Boy with a Siamese cat on your lap, a walker next to you. Do they still call old age homes Lodges in Alberta? Are you into bingo yet. I had a hard time explaining to CJ how big bingo was there until we drove in from the airport. Under the B, 9! Like your tumour is benign. This American spell check is making me nuts! It's colour, NOT color. And we wear pyjamas, NOT pajamas! Sheesh!!!
    @Marlena Love the words sacked and nicked. What better way to lose your job than to get sacked for nicking office supplies. We shall never surrender! I await some real English chocolate, not that slop they make here. Just send them to The Nut House, Canada. South of King Street, to the left of the Queensway. Everything is very British here but no Haggis.

Marlena likes this.
  11. Marlena

Marlena Well-Known Member

So you like English spelling, great!
    English chocolate - Cadbury's perhaps? I prefer continental but English is definitely better than American. I won't bother with haggis then. Or you mean you like Haggis but you can't get it over there?

12. Noah & me (GA)

Haggis ended with Mad Cow. If I say tyre, torch, lorry or aerodrome I get a funny look. My sister flew the Concord once, lucky girl. I have also had the pleasure of owning 3 minis, a 68 Cooper S, a panel wagon and a 1969 that was $2,999 new. Fully restored here they can be $30,000. I'd love to import one. Not a BMW "Mini", a real one. Isn't the word mini supposed to mean small? Now they're huge with 4 doors. Also bugs me that Charles Lindbergh gets all the credit for something HE WAS NOT THE FIRST ONE TO DO! Look it up everyone, John Alcock and Arthur Brown. Also look up Louis Bleriot, the guy that invented the airplane. I knew that in grade 2! We can get Cadbury here but it's expensive. I have a thing for Lindt white chocolate, it's borderline obsession. Bob's your uncle! Or is he mine? Making dinner now.

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  13. Tracey&Jones (GA)

May 24th...no grandkids ... I would take a girlfriend at this point. He is too into his computer.

14. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

May 29th, here, and I like haggis (my family came from Scotland)!

15. Noah & me (GA)

Say what? A girlfriend like a guy's fantasy or just a new friend. You can send me pics if it's the former, if it's the other all you get is good luck. CJ stares at this thing way too long, I can see one eye closed and her head bobbing. I'm currently staring at my PVR, the one I'm not supposed to take apart. I want to save stuff on the hard drive. Stupid cable company!

16. Noah & me (GA)

My wife is Scottish/Irish. Her Mom packed parachutes for Lancaster crews in the war. Like they always say, if it doesn't work bring it straight back. Cynthia has that Irish fire in her eyes, no words needed. Her Dad's name was Peter and when we were looking for houses the company presidents name was Peter and the neighborhood had a Scottish name, we bought this house before it was a hole in the ground.
    You share birthdays with Queen Victoria, Bob Dylan, Priscilla Presley and Rosanne Cash.

17. Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA)

Cathie and Shaak Ti (GA) Well-Known Member

Totally off topic here, I am 10 years your Junior and I absolutely loved Wings, even been to see them. Great moment of my life, I had a crush on Paul that wouldn't quit. Still do actually. I just love the man.

18. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

:D:D:D

19. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Like a girlfriend! Maybe then he will leave home! He isn't a bad kid. Doesn't go out, doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, does his own laundry, has a full time job, brings groceries home.

This it so totally bad, but I offered to get him a "friend" for the night. Was telling him it is way better in person then over a computer. Man did I get the bum rush out the door.....

20. Noah & me (GA)

I should look so good as Sir Paul at his age, very sad about Linda. My confession? When there was only AM top 30 radio I liked ABBA (not my favourite though) and I thought the brunette was better looking than the blonde. This is the story I heard. She has some Norwegian in her family and she refused to join the other 3 for some 30 or 35 year anniversary. The rumour was her Mother (Grandmother maybe) had an affair with a German soldier and this was supposed to be a bad thing. Oh big deal, she wasn't a collaborator, she fell for a guy in uniform. Remember, not every German soldier was a Nazi, they were all drafted and most were just fighting for their country. I also had a thing for Nicolette Larson, Juice Newton and Carlene Carter. I was very young.

21. Noah & me (GA)

The computer can't hold your hand for the first time or touch the side of your face. This is the "Information Superhighway?" Now High School girls are being compared to what the boys see on their phones. The school across the street banned all phones and pads 5 years ago. The girls all wore uniforms, the Catholic pleated skirts that they kept hiking up. One day the board had enough, pants for everyone, end of story.

22. Noah & me (GA)

@Tracey&Jones Just watched Discovery Cannel / Rogue Earth about the Fort Mac fires. Footage I've never seen before. If you haven't seen it look for a repeat. I've seen big fires before but holy crap! Tell me again global warming is a hoax Mr. President. What a schmuck.

23. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Yes, seeing the footage on facebook etc., while it was happening was very scary.

It was a very dry winter (not a lot of snow), it melted very quickly. With all the dry every greens - one little spark is all it would take. My DH was working up there just before it started.

It is funny - Alberta has had drought every 5-8 years and it isn't in the south like everyone would think, it is up north - with all the trees.

24. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

JFK, too.

25. Noah & me (GA)

I read somewhere that in remote parts of Australia the houses have metal roofs and a sprinkler system on the roof, kind of like a Rainbird, that can be turned on remotely by the fire department. It's just for embers, all they take is a mist to put out, not a burning house. So no one is stupid enough to have cedar shake roofs and if you keep the underbrush clear the house stands a better chance in a fire. Pretty clever. I always wanted a metal roof but a contractor told me rain makes a gawd awful noise and hail will make it look like a pizza. It's not hard to build houses that withstand wind and fire, they just have to not be so stubborn and stop building them the same way for the last 100 years. Our semi has a concrete wall from the basement to the roofline and it's pretty soundproof. To test it I played the launch scene from Apollo 13 LOUD ENOUGH to shake the tiles in the laundry room and our neighbor never heard a thing. Semis here and duplexes there are two different things. When I was a kid only white trash lived in duplexes, probably because they were so cheaply made. And all those condo complexes in Mill Woods and Castle Downs, they just don't build them here. It was like a different planet when I moved here. And the HEAT and HUMIDITY, holy cripes almighty! I thought I was going to melt. You can't buy a car here without AC but no one knows what "Plugging in your car means" and no one has booster cables.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.