Andre' is off insulin!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by George and Bert, Dec 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George and Bert

George and Bert Member

After almost four years on the stuff he is in remission. After five days without insulin he pulled a 100 at the Vets office. His exam also proved wonderful and he appears in great shape and good health. He is like before this and looks younger. I encourage everyone to keep at it and don't give up. Btw..he grazes dry throughout the day with canned twice a day with ample proportions of it for everyone of my twelve. No one goes away hungry.
    My Matilda is still on it at 1.5 u of Lantus BID. But she looks and acts fine and always happy.

jayla-n-Drevon and Squalliesmom like this.
  2. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Congratulations, that's wonderful news!!! :) :cat:

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

That does give me hope then. I guess I'm going to have to really crack down on this. But I really don't get it. If changing dose every 3 days Smokey would be on higher dose. Then when he drops and bounces it can take 3 days to clear but his bounce numbers would indicate an even higher dose. Yet it takes him 5 days to settle after a change. It doesn't compute with me.

4. Blamethecats and Hannah

Blamethecats and Hannah Member

Oh, I can so relate to your comment. Sounds like what goes on with Hannah. You're not alone... and we've been at this since May of 2014. It doesn't "compute" with me, either. We can all use a little hope from time to time. Good to know it's out there.

5. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.