Angel kitty, recent diagnosis

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by AngelKitty2019, Feb 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelKitty2019

AngelKitty2019 Member

Hi! New here...Although I've been reading the forum since she got diagnosed. Angel went in for her annual exam in Jan. We figured it would just be routine bloodwork and shots, but she got diagnosed with diabetes. It would be hard to know if the neuropathy symptoms are from diabetes or an old back injury. She's walked funny and on her hocks for years. She hasn't had diabetes for years... Vet suspects it is pretty recent.

Hoping we can get her under control and in remission (now that she's off steriods)! The vets haven't been much help. I'm on the 3rd one now - I finally found one who agrees with home testing and a low carb diet.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Good morning and welcome to FDMB AngelKitty and kitty parent! I am so glad that you are going to be home testing and helping keep Angel safe. I see you have already set up the signature, thanks very much. If you would, edit that to reflect the insulin dosage and what kind of food Angel is eating.
    Then set up the spreadsheet so that it can be linked to the signature. Enter whatever data you have been able to accumulate so far so that you can begin to review trends and patterns on the diet and insulin effects. Here's how:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/understanding-the-spreadsheet-grid.156606/
    We want to help you as much as possible on this new journey, so please post either in the Main Health forum or the Lantus forum with questions and concerns, so that more members can read and offer input. This Introduction forum is more like a welcome mat to say Hello, and more members check the other forums more often to be available and assist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.