Angel Update & Photos

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Brenda and Morris, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Sorry I haven't been back with an update...Angel was hospitalized for two days (along with the babies) due to a raging infection. For awhile there it didn't look like the ABs that they were able to give her while nursing would work. If they didn't I was facing either having an immediate spay and have her milk probably dry up or else put her on Baytril and keep the babies from nursing while she was on it. Either way, I would have been bottle feeding the five young'uns every two hours round the clock for the duration. So far it is looking good though. Her temp was back to normal today and she will be on a minimum two week course of Clavamox. Hopefully, the infection wasn't due to a placenta left inside...there's no non-invasive way to tell. I tried to count the placentas but she had already birthed and eaten the afterbirth for the first two before I noticed she had delivered so can't be sure.

Anyway, she is back home today and very happy to be here I might add...as am I! I really missed them while they were gone! She's eating like a horse and all systems appear to be working OK...diarrhea from the ABs but that seems to be my karma with cats so I just have to deal. The babies are so cute I can't stop picking them up and cuddling them. Here are some pictures...I have already decided that the little hedgehog looking one is a keeper. He's really feisty and fights his way in to his mama when he's hungry.

Attached Files:

2. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Poor Angel! So glad she is home with you and seems to be feeling better. I'll send more healing vines.

Oh, Mr. Hedgehog...how can you resist?????

Your pictures/posts always make my day.

3. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of the infection. Glad to hear things look bright.
    They are sooooooo adorable and love the markings of the one you are keeping.
    Thank you for posting them!

4. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Poor Angel! I'm so glad she's home with you and I hope she continues to get well. She's gorgeous and her kittens are too cute! You definitely have your hands full!

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

OMG they are even sweeter than I ever imagined!!! So so happy they are in good health!! Sweetest things ever!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Great Job Angel!!

6. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Oh man your keeping the hedgehog one? Call him Sonic.. PLEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASEEEEE ;)

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of the illness, but hopefully the crew will recover nicely.
    The pictures are gorgeous and I was thinking on the first picture that one looked just like momma and wondered if you were keeping any. Then the last picture is the one that looks like momma! Very sweet!

8. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Angel looks very content. She seems to trust you and feel secure. So glad you found each other.

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm glad Angel is on the mend. I love the smile on her face while the kittens are nursing. What a beautiful litter.

10. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Sorry to hear of Angel's difficulties! Sure glad she is on the mend now though! The kittens are SSSSOOOOO very cute!!!! While they were at the vet, were they able to tell if they are girls or boys? I know you were wanting to keep Angel & a few babies....have you decided yet how many you will keep?

11. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Sending good healing vines to moma kitty...those kittens are adorable and love the "keeper"
    Good to see you here ((Brenda)) hope your doing well.

12. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

They weren't able to tell which were boys and which were girls just yet...to me they all look like boys! :eek: Hope not, as I wanted one of each, boy and girl, black and white. Of course as their little personalities develop that may change. I am already attached to each of them and they each have their own little quirks.

One black and one white are already spoken for so that only leaves one black to find a home for....my original vet (the one that treated Morris) once told me she has always wanted an all black kitty so I'm hoping she will see them and fall for the one that's left. She wasn't available on Monday when I had to take Angel in so I had to use a different vet. Both are named Sarah, and both are pretty good (as long as we don't have to deal with diabetes :lol: then none of them are good enough!)

Thank you everyone for the well wishes...I don't post very often anymore but I DO read and keep up with quite a few of you...old habits, you know?

13. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you SO much Brenda....those pictures are wonderful! It brings tears to my eyes when I read of your adventures with your Angel and her babies. You must have been so lonely when they were away. BUT, they are back again now and my goodness...they are soooo precious!!
    Angel does seem very content and she looks like she is a good Mommie...and YOU are a good Grandma Bean! HUGS to you ALL! Thank you again for keeping us updated Brenda....we miss you :YMHUG:

14. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

What a good kitty mom you are! The pics are adorable as well as the babies. Thanks so much for sharing. Its nice to see how good people are.

15. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh, they are so verra cute!!! Glad to hear Angel is on the mend. What a great kitteh momma you are (but we all knew that ;-))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.