? Angel's strange numbers..hopefully good

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by SweetAngel, Dec 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetAngel

SweetAngel Member

hiya, can anyone shed any light on what might be happening with Angel? The link to his spreadsheet is below but basically...yesterday he was just below the agreed shot level in the morning so I missed his shot. I did his pmps at +7 to get his testing times on a less crazy schedule, and he was high enough for insulin again. This morning at +12 after his last shot he was again high enough to shoot. I had a bit of a domestic crisis and was not able to test again until +17 after his last shot...he was 90/5 on an alphatrak. I even did a control test on another of the strips and got 149/8.3. He did seem quite hungry but he'd had quite a bit of food 5.5 hours previously.
    x

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

It's very hard to say because there isn't any mid-cycle data to flesh out his BG picture. The immediate concern is his very low PMPS. I would recommend no shot for tonight.

3. SweetAngel

SweetAngel Member

thanks Kris I am going to try to do more mid cycle but it is so hard to get his ears to bleed esp in this weather, he's fed up of it even twice a day. I use the ricesock and have been through 3 different lancet pens trying to find the best. I should have said that his approved shot level at the moment is 7/126 so no way woud I shoot him at 90. I was a bit worried when I got in as he was pretty keen to get to his food, but then I realised it was unlikely to be a hypo because he'd had no insulin for 17 hours xxx

4. Kris & Teasel

Re bleeding his ears: do you use the lancet device mechanism or do you just freehand the lancet? Free handing can actually work better because you can see where the needle goes in and can control the angle and depth more easily.

5. SweetAngel

SweetAngel Member

I tried to freehand and it freaked both of us out as it seemed to hurt him x

6. Kris & Teasel

Worth some practice to desensitize both of you because it really is easier. :)

Critter Mom likes this.
  7. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Do you still have the Alphatrak lancing device, Cassandra? If yes, try leaving the plastic cap off the end when doing a poke; it's much easier to aim the lancet tip that way.

(BTW if ever you need to buy lancets for the Alphatrak lancing device Freestyle 29G lancets are exactly the same as the Alphatrak-branded ones. You can get a box of 200 Freestyle lancets on ebay or Amazon way cheaper.

:bighug:

Mogs

8. SweetAngel

SweetAngel Member

Mogs I[​IMG] have the one that looks like this oops. I also have the softclix one. My nurse friend gave me a ton of lancets and they fit the alphatrak one but not the softclix. I usually make sure Angel's ear is taut between the rice sock and lancet. I took 2 sleeping meds last night as my strep throat is still bad at night and slept through the alarm. Angel had had NO insulin for 27 hours due to his low reading last night and he was still only 8.3 on the alphatrak. His ears ae so bloody cold in this weather, grrr, takes ages to warm them up xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.