Angus - almost certain it is cancer

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Karen & Angus(GA), Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen & Angus(GA)

Karen & Angus(GA) Member

The results of his ultrasound yesterday - Thickenng of ileum with an apparent growth on the outside. Noticeable changes to the pancreas as well which may be pancreatitis or cancer. Growth is too close to the cecum to safely do a needle aspirate. Internist sent out a full GI panel to help confirm or refute iliac disease. None of this was there in December, so aggressive. We have an appointment for a surgical consult next Thursday with possible surgery Friday. He is declining rapidly. No appetite, standing with back knees pressed together and feet splayed out. I need to seriously consider prognosis.

2. Ruthe and Smokey (GA)

Ruthe and Smokey (GA) Member

I am so sorry that Angus is going downhill so rapidly.I wish I could say something to make you feel better or have some medical advice, but I don't. I will keep you in my prayers.

xoxo
    Ruthe and Rugs

3. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Im so sorry this is going on. I hope the appointment goes well for you both on thursday. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.

4. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

(((Karen & Angus))) I am sending healing prayers to Angus and hope for the best.

Is there any way they can move up that appointment? Thursday is such a very long way away for a kitty that is "fading fast".

5. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, will be keeping you both close and sending healing vibes and hopes that things turn around.

6. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

healing vines and huge white snowflakes your way

7. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh mannnn sending prayers...

8. Patticass & Tyler (GA)

Patticass & Tyler (GA) Member

I'm sorry you and Angus are dealing with this - whatever it ends up to be. Sending good vibes.

9. Carol & Yoshi

Carol & Yoshi Well-Known Member

Sending big hugs and prayers and hoping Angus can get better. So sorry Karen. Your FDMB buds are here for you.

10. Donna & Shiloh (GA)

Donna & Shiloh (GA) Member

Keeping Angus in my prayers. Donna

11. Beth & Atlas

Beth & Atlas Well-Known Member

Love, Hugs, and prayers for both of you.

12. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Karen and Angus)))))

13. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((Karen)) I can not express strongly enough how much I hate cancer and what it does to our loved ones. I am so sorry and I know you will love him everyday...and of course, I hope he does better soon!

14. Donna and Flame

Donna and Flame Well-Known Member

Prayers for Angus and for you Karen. Hoping this is something treatable and he can still have a good quality of life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.