Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackie adams

jackie adams New Member

2. jackie adams

jackie adams New Member

Hello. This is my big boy. He was diagnosed with diabetes 1.5 months ago. I was a wreck. I was so worried I was not going to do everything good enough. I have read, and read and am managing this, but it is stressful because he doesn't eat all his calories everyday. Ankat has always gotten wet cat food as a treat, and shreds with gravy are his favorite. This had been the struggle with low carb wet foods. They can be dryer. Any suggestions on what I could add for the moisture. His first glucose check was at 280 down from >450. I was happy.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

So so pretty! Just add some extra water to the food to make gravy.

4. jackie adams

jackie adams New Member

Thank you. I'll give it a try

JanetNJ likes this.
  5. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome Jackie and Ankat. He is a very handsome guy! You've found the right place to learn more about feline diabetes and treatment. It's a great place to ask questions & get answers plus lots of support.
    Please create a signature so that your kitty's information is available with each of your posts:
    (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the time zone matters)
    Another thing that will help us help you now that you've started BG testing at home is to set up a spreadsheet like the one we use here. We can all see it and look at it before offering advice:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/understanding-the-spreadsheet-grid.156606/
    This is just the Introduction forum, to say your first "Hello" and now you can post in the Main Health forum with questions and/or concerns. We have many members who have had to deal with getting kitty to eat a proper low carb diet and will happily offer suggestions.
    Best wishes going forward :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.