Anna was just diagnosed today

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by greypoupon, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greypoupon

greypoupon New Member

Anna is about 9 years old. We've had her for about a year and a half. She was overweight, and started to lose weight suddenly about a week ago and was losing interest in food. So we brought her in today and found out the unfortunate news. We spent the evening figuring the new schedule - we have two dogs and two other cats so it's a challenge.

I don't even know what else to say. It's me and my boyfriend. I have a major needle phobia and almost fainted when the doctor showed us how to give a shot, but pretended it was spaghetti and managed to give her a shot tonight. LOL

We have to feed everyone separately now and it's stressful! ARG!

Oh, well. I'm certain it will get better. We're just kind of stressed out. This cat belonged to my son's GF, who is in college now. And I'm PRETTY SURE she's going to blame us, which makes me feel bad.

Anyhoo. that's my intro and whine-fest. Thanks for listening!

Here's my BF and Anna

15826062_10210157560269084_7344283896453616055_n.jpg

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! Anna is a beautiful kitty. You've come to the right place for all the help and support you'll need. I guarantee it'll get better! :)
    If you could repost on the main health forum and include the following info people will be able to jump right in without having to ask the same things over and over:
    • what food you give Anna
    • what insulin your vet prescribed and what dose
    • what Anna's blood glucose was at the appointment when the diagnosis was made
    • whether you will be testing Anna's blood glucose at home and, if so, what meter you will use
    • any other health issues or meds that Anna has.

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
  3. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Spaghetti -- Ha, love it!! Whatever works, right? Congrats on the first shot!

Ad I don't see how his GF could possibly blame you. The fact that you are here, looking for help, and pushing through a phobia speaks to your commitment. I can't do needles either, I have to lay down with my eyes closed when they take blood or give me a shot so I don't pass out. But there is something about just knowing that I have to do this to help my boy...it just makes a difference for me.

Kris asked all the baseline questions that will help us help you, so head on over to the Health forum for specific questions.

This isn't just something we say, it is really true...it truly DOES get easier. Hang in there :bighug:

Sandi&Whisper.

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
  4. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome from me too. Uncle was diagnosed in September and it was a total shock to me. I have dealt with multiple and some major health issues with my cats before, but never anything like testing their blood and giving injections. With the help of the info I've found on this site and all of the wonderful support I receive here, we're cruising along. Sure, there are bumps along the way, but so much encouragement and help has made all the difference. Anna looks like a beauty. Again, welcome.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  5. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

:D

That tip's going on file! ;)

Welcome to you and Anna. She is a very beautiful girl; gorgeous colouring! :)

Mogs

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Wow in proud of you for facing your fear and giving the shot!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.